One of my favorite things about beauty blogging is discovering the latest trends. Every season brings about a new makeup craze or two, and summer is no exception. I’ve noticed a lot of spring makeup staples carried over into these warmer months. Needless to say, people are loving these current looks!
In this post, I’m going to discuss some summer 2017 eyeshadow trends. I love how diverse these styles are; there is truly something for everyone. Whether you want to go super subtle or full glam, there’s an eyeshadow that’s perfect for you. Read on to discover seven hot trends to explore this summer.
Warm Neutral Eyeshadow
Warm neutral hues are incredibly popular this summer. I personally like them because they’re so easy to work with. The colors have a healthy, fresh glow to them that cannot be beaten. There are plenty of warm neutral palettes along with single eyeshadows. These are a few of my top picks:
- The Mad For Matte 2 palette is a very popular and budget friendly warm neutral eyeshadow palette. It’s diverse, so it allows you to create both striking and subtle looks. And for only $10, it’s an absolute steal.
- Maybelline’s The Nudes Eye Shadow Palette is a well-known drugstore palette that features 12 warm neutral shades. From subtle sandy colors to bold browns, you can create dozens of eyeshadow looks with this gem. It even features some great contour shades for creating a dramatic smoky eye. This popular palette is less than $10, too.
- Lastly, I’ve picked the BH Cosmetics Marble Collection Warm Stone Eyeshadow Palette. BH Cosmetics have always been very pigmented in my experience, and this one features stunning warm shades. There are standout shades like the eye-catching peach, and there are subtle ones like the muted taupe. Wear the bold shades alone or combine hues for unique looks. This very highly rated eyeshadow palette costs under $15.
80’s Style Mauve Eyeshadow
Is anyone else mad for mauve like me? This trend is definitely one that I’m partial to. The pale purple hue comes in dozens of shades, and each one is just a tad bit different. Bright mauve eyeshadow was a hit in the 80’s; it’s making a strong comeback decades later. Below are some affordable picks for you to consider:
- First on the list is Revlon ColorStay 16 Hour Eye Shadow Quad in Seductive. These Revlon quads are a favorite of mine; they’re pocket-sized and packed with four long-lasting colors. This particular quad features rich purples including light and dark mauve. There’s also a mix of matte and subtle shimmer. If you want variety without an overwhelming, expensive palette, this under $6 pick is a great choice.
- I’ve had e.l.f. Flawless Eyeshadow in Party Purple for years now. It’s an ultra-affordable little gem that features four shades designed for your base, lid, crease, and line. The second and third hues are maude variants; the other two are beautiful complementary purples. You can create virtually any stunning mauve look for just $2.
- One of my favorite ‘beauty on a budget’ brands is Essence. They offer such great quality, and their eyeshadow is no exception. Essence Velvets Eyeshadow in Better Mauve is a rich, dark mauve that’s very pigmented. The formula is super smooth, so it’s very easily blendable. It has a matte finish that helps you create a seamless look. For about $2.50, this is a steal.
I’ll fully admit that the eye gloss that I felt pretty skeptical about. However, it’s all over Reddit, beauty blogs, Facebook makeup groups, and high fashion magazines. This look has been a glamorous runway style for some time, but it’s now common to see as part of everyday makeup. I did some research to find two highly-rated and mid-priced eye glosses:
- Kevin Aucoin Exotique Diamond Moonlight eye gloss is a bit pricey, but it’s consistently dubbed one of the most popular eye glosses on the market. The formula is ultra lightweight, so it glides into lids easily. With eye gloss, a tiny bit goes a long way. Despite costing just under $40, this jar should last you all summer long.
- If you want something a bit more affordable, butter LONDON Glazen Eye Gloss is a hot pick for under $25. These glosses come in multiple colors, so creating your own unique look is a breeze. The formula is designed to have that iconic wet look throughout the day. You can even build layers of the product to create more intense color and a metallic finish.
Bold Pastel Eyeshadow
The pastel eyeshadow trend was a huge hit this past spring. The fad has carried over into summer, but it seems to be getting bolder. I understand that the words “bold” and “pastel” are kind of opposites. However, this bright take on traditionally muted hues is a hit. Here are some gorgeous options that offer a lot of value:
- First up is the Wet N Wild Coloricon Spring Into the Wild! Eyeshadow Trio in To In-Di-O I Go Go. This trio features soft pastels that have a perfect subtle pop to them. I looked up real-life swatches of these colors, and they’re incredibly pigmented. Each shade is pearlized, so it offers a bit of extra sheen and glow to your look. It’s a true steal for under $4. If you prefer muted pastels, check out The New Romantics Trio.
- If you want a simple quad palette, check out Maybelline New York Expert Wear Eyeshadow Quads in Seashore Frosts Perfect Pastels. It features three classic pastel shades and one forest green shade. The dark green hue is perfectly complementary and is ideal for contouring and lining. This drugstore find has fantastic feedback and it only costs about $5.50.
- L’Oreal Paris Infallible 24 HR Eye Shadow in Infinite Sky and Pearly Pink are two single pastel eyeshadows that truly pack a punch. Infinite Sky is a bold pastel blue with a subtle pearly effect. Pearly Pink is a gorgeous muted pink that pairs perfectly with any look. This formula is waterproof, fade resistant, and crease-proof, so it’s a great pick for hot summer months. You can snag these shades and more for around $8 a pop.
The copper eyeshadow trend is one that I felt iffy about at first. It’s such a bold, glamorous look that it seemed like too much for everyday wear. But after seeing it in beauty forums, I absolutely adore it. Paired with a touch of eyeliner and a light lip color, copper eyeshadow looks fantastic. Here are a few of my favorite picks:
- First up is Milani Bella Eyes Gel Powder Eyeshadow in Bella Copper, which features an incredibly unique formula. The shadow glides on easily as a gel, and it dries seamlessly as a powder. The finish has a gorgeous sheen that really pops. I reviewed swatches of this formula, and it’s incredibly pigmented. For about $9.50, this is a great alternative to high-end brands.
- I’m a big fan of Maybelline’s Color Tattoo eyeshadow, so I was excited to discover Maybelline 24 Hour Eyeshadow in Bad To The Bronze. The Color Tattoo formula is serious business – it’s ultra pigmented and designed to last all day and night. It’s my go to if I want a cream eyeshadow that absolutely won’t budge. This dark copper-bronze flatters all skin tones and can easily be worn alone or with other hues. You can get this long-lasting gem for under $7.
- If you want the ultimate convenience, you’ll love Rimmel Scandaleyes Shadow Stick in Bad Bronze. This silky smooth eyeshadow comes in the form of a jumbo eyeliner stick, so the application is 100% mess free. I own several of these and love them when I want to create a quick, colorful look. ‘Bad Bronze’ is a bit dark, but the high-shine finish has the perfect touch of bronze. This true budget beauty option is right around $5.
Seafoam Green Eyeshadow
Out of all seven summer 2017 eyeshadow trends, seafoam green eyeshadow is my absolute favorite. In my opinion, this color looks truly amazing on every single skin tone. It can be played up for a glam look or worn with minimal makeup for a subtle pop. Here are two absolutely gorgeous seafoam green eyeshadow picks:
- Once again, this eyeshadow makes my list. L’Oreal Paris Infallible 24 HR Eye Shadow in Endless Sea gives off serious mermaid vibes. It’s very shimmery without being glittery or too out there. It’s hard to see in stock photos, but swatches show that it’s a truly beautiful dark seafoam green. This cream-powder shadow allows you to create any look you desire. It’s right around $7, so you can create this on-trend look without breaking the bank.
- Sure, eyeliner doesn’t count as eyeshadow. However, I couldn’t resist adding this liner from NYX Cosmetics to the list. I stumbled upon NYX Waterproof Extreme Shine Eye Liner in #Sl 17 Green Papaya after endlessly looking for seafoam green eye makeup. Though the tube is dark green, swatches make it clear that it’s a sparkly seafoam green. This pick is great for glamorous looks, and the cost is about $5.
Frosted and Metallic Eyeshadow
To finish off our list, I found a huge trend that’s straight out of the ‘80s. Frosted and metallic eyeshadows are seen everywhere from high fashion runways to college campuses. I’ve only tested the waters with this trend, but it’s very fun to experiment with. There are tons of options out there, and here are three affordable and popular picks:
- If you want vibrant metallics that truly pop, you’ll adore e.l.f. Long-Lasting Lustrous Eyeshadow. From dark gray to lilac purple, this unique formula really stands out. The eyeshadow has a cream-gel like feel to it, and it is incredibly easy to apply. It’s both shimmer and glittery, so it boldly reflects light and looks stunning. These babies are only $3, so you can snag every shade that catches your eye.
- Maybelline strikes yet again with their Color Tattoo by Eye Studio line. There are a handful of color options, but Maybelline New York Eye Studio Color Tattoo Metal 24 Hour Cream Gel Eyeshadow in ‘Silver Strike’ and ‘Inked in Pink’ are true metallics. The formula is so pigmented that it looks almost paint-like. In addition to being metallic, both colors have plenty of shimmer. If you want a really bold, fierce look, these gorgeous hues are under $6.
- When I thought of frosted eyeshadow, my mind immediately went to Revlon Illuminance Creme Shadow quad palettes. These portable little palettes each feature four different frosty, shimmery hues. The cream formula is very easy to apply and it’s very buildable. You’ll find everything from nude collections to bright hues. No matter which one you pick, they’re a true deal for around $10 each.
Wrap Up: Rock The Best Summer Eyeshadow Trends
As you can see, these seven eyeshadow looks are incredibly diverse. The best part is you can try all seven looks without breaking the bank! With the products I’ve recommended, you don’t need to worry about overspending.
If you enjoyed this post, you may be interested in “Best Heated Eyelash Curler For Luscious Lashes” and “Best Eyelash Growth Serum Reviews: Enhance Your Eyelashes”. Don’t forget that we’re very active on social media. Follow us on Instagram, Facebook, and Twitter for sales alerts, tips, updates, and so much more.
Check out our other sections and my social profiles :)!
Latest posts by Amy Baum (see all)
- e.l.f. Cosmetics Mad For Matte Holy Smokes Palette Review - August 23, 2017
- Best Sunglasses Under $50: 10 Cheap Glasses For Women - August 4, 2017
- 7 Ways To Do Your Nails: DIY & Professional Manicures - July 25, 2017