In a perfect world, we’d all get department-store cosmetics for drugstore makeup prices. Unfortunately, those “must have” high-end brands are just not always an option for the average person. Hey, it’s summer right now – I’ve got to keep my AC bill paid! And I’m sure you’re in the same boat. So, onto the good news – you can still get the best drugstore makeup available without paying high prices. You’ve just got to know where to shop!
From the best eye makeup to makeup kits, I’ve got you covered. This list contains many of my favorite drugstore and big-box retailer makeup products, but don’t just take my word for it. After doing some research, I can confidently say that these 20 picks are beloved by thousands of makeup addicts. So if you want to get the best prices while also getting the best makeup, see what I’ve got to share with you.
Best Drugstore Makeup Top 20 List
Starting in on this massive list designed to save you bucks and look good in the process, I’ve divided it up into eyeliner, foundation/concealer, eyeshadow/mascara, and other products!
Best Drugstore Eyeliner
1. Wet n Wild Megaliner ($4) – This amazing drugstore eyeliner has a versatile soft brush that is perfect for creating ultra-subtle lines or a dramatic cat eye look. When I use this liner, it only takes a single stroke to get thick, full coverage. The black shade has a subtle matte finish to it, which I personally love. My only suggestion is to buy a top-notch eye makeup remover, as this smudge-resistant formula is designed to last all day. Baby oil or coconut oil work particularly well for removing this and the other best drugstore makeup for your eyes listed below.
2. Revlon Colorstay Eyeliner ($8.99) – Are you sick of your eyeliner smearing throughout the day? I had this problem, and Revlon’s Colorstay Eyeliner was my saving grace. It’s a dual-ended tool – one end features the waterproof liner and the other end features a sharpener and a small smudge tool. I personally find that this tool is great for creating a sultry smokey eye. This product is easy to apply and can last up to 16 hours, so it’s great for all-day wear. I dub this the best cheap eyeliner; it offers amazing quality at a low price.
3. Rimmel ScandalEyes Waterproof Kohl Liner ($4.49) – If you’re looking for something a bit less expensive than ColorStay, then Rimmel ScandalEyes eyeliner is a great choice. This highly-pigmented eyeliner comes in black, brown, nude, and a handful of bright hues. I find that this rich drugstore eyeliner has a bit more of smooth and creamy feel than Revlon Colorstay, so it glides on amazingly. However, it does not last quite as long. Still, for less than $5.00, this eyeliner is an absolute steal.
Best Drugstore Foundation And Concealer
4. Maybelline Fit Me Matte + Poreless Foundation ($7.99) – Do you have oily skin? Are you a fan of the trendy matte look? If so, then Maybelline’s Fit Me Matte + Poreless foundation is the perfect drugstore foundation for you. I discovered this full-coverage foundation after hunting for something that could A) match my skin tone and B) keep my oily skin under control. This product comes in 24 different shades, so there’s a wide variety to choose from. Despite being a full coverage foundation, it never feels too heavy on my skin. At less than $10 per bottle, I definitely consider this the best cheap foundation on the market.
5. Maybelline Fit Me Concealer ($6.99) – Much like the Fit Me Foundation, this affordable drugstore concealer really packs a punch. Whether you’ve got dark spots or blemishes, this concealer will do the trick. Unlike other cheap concealers, this does not cake or set into fine lines at all. It simply does the job as well as brands that cost three times as much. You’ve got six different shades to choose from, too. This makes it easy to find one that matches your skin tone.
6. NYX Cosmetics BB Cream ($12.99) – NYX’s BB Cream is my go-to when I want that “no makeup while wearing makeup” look. It’s a bit pricier than other drugstore BB creams, but it’s 100% worth it. A tube of this has lasted me all summer, and it’s going strong. When I apply this BB cream, it truly looks like I’m not wearing any face makeup. If you’re on the go, pair this product with one of the drugstore mascaras mentioned here. You’ll look bright-skinned and wide-eyed without spending more than five minutes on your makeup!
7. L’Oreal True Match Super Blendable Makeup ($9.99) – L’Oreal True Match foundation is my second favorite drugstore foundation. The “True Match” name is no joke – they offer dozens of shades in warm, cool, and neutral tones. The formula feels very light on my skin, and it provides great coverage without making it obvious that I’m wearing foundation. You can also pair it with True Match powder and concealer to achieve a seamless look. For a mere $10.00, this is one of the best drugstore foundations you can find anywhere.
8. NYX Hi Definition Photo Concealer Wand ($4.99) – If you’ve got really stubborn spots that need concealing, this is the best cheap concealer on the market. I personally have under eye circles that are nearly impossible to cover up. However, this rich formula really packs a punch and provides full coverage. In addition to coming in skin-toned shades, NYX’s Photo Concealer Wand comes in shades like Green, Lavender, and Yellow for color correction. This concealer is a favorite among drugstore makeup divas and department store cosmetic junkies alike.
Best Drugstore Lipstick
9. NYX Soft Matte Lip Cream ($5.99) – This creamy matte lipstick is my go-to for my everyday makeup look. It applies just like a lip gloss, but it has a very soft matte finish. My favorite shades of this silky drugstore lipstick include Stockholm, Cannes, and Zurich. I’m also a huge fan of the reddish-orange hue, Morocco, when I want to wear something super bold. You can also pair it with their Suede Matte Lip Liner for a perfect matte match. If I had to pick one lipstick to use forever, it would be this one.
10. Wet N Wild MegaLast Lip Color ($4.73) – This award-winning drugstore lipstick is truly a “holy grail” cosmetic. It offers rich, semi-matte color in many different hues. From rich purple to classic red, this lipstick is ideal for every look imaginable. Unlike some matte lipsticks, it feels surprisingly creamy and smooth when you’re wearing it. It’s also rich in Vitamin E and Vitamin A, so your lips stay soft and never get that tacky or dry feeling. For less than five bucks a pop, you can stock up on your favorite shades without any guilt. Definitely my top choice for lipstick and one of the best drugstore makeup products on this list.
Best Drugstore Eyeshadow And Mascara
11. Wet N Wild Color Icon Eyeshadow Collection ($5.65) – Wet n’ Wild is one of the first makeup brands I ever tried. I remember buying a tube of their red lipstick for $0.98, and it was almost an exact dupe for an expensive MAC red lipstick. I constantly received compliments on my drugstore lipstick, and the same thing happens when I wear Wet n’ Wild’s eyeshadow palettes. You can create nude styles, smokey looks, bold designs, you name it – these small, affordable palettes do it all. Each shade is richly pigmented, so you can get the best eyeshadow looks possible without spending a ton on designer brands.
12. Loreal Voluminous Mascara ($8.49) – I’ll be the first to admit that I’m a little bit of a mascara snob. If I wear makeup, I want my eyelashes to look long, curled, flawless, and clump-free. Loreal’s Voluminous Mascara meets all of my requirements. This drugstore mascara is super-pigmented, and it adds great length to my lashes. The waterproof formula lasts all day without a single smudge. If you want an extra dramatic eye makeup look, use this product with an eyelash curler.
13. Maybelline The Nudes Wear Eyeshadow Palette ($9.99) – Full-sized eyeshadow palettes are a huge in the cosmetics world right now, and this trend seems to keep going strong. As much as I’d love Urban Decay’s Naked palette, I’m not spending $54.00 on eyeshadow – I doubt you want to either. Maybelline’s The Nudes is an excellent alternative for a fraction of the cost. It features light and dark nude hues in matte and shimmery shades. You can create really muted daytime looks or bold party looks with this single versatile palette. At only $10, this drugstore eyeshadow is one of the best eyeshadow palettes you can get without spending a fortune.
14. Maybelline Color Tattoo Eyeshadow ($6.99) – I’ll be the first to admit that I’m a little boring when it comes to eyeshadow. I like to play it safe, but occasionally I want something that packs a punch. That’s when I break out my Color Tattoo Eyeshadow in Edgy Emerald. This drugstore cream eyeshadow is incredible. The pigment is unbeatable, and the product lasts all day without smudging. The formula sort of feels like a mix between a gel and a cream. It’s never caused those awful creases that may cream eyeshadows lead to. If you want a bold eye look for a super low price, try out the Color Tattoo line.
15. CoverGirl LashBlast Volume Mascara ($8.99) – This bright orange tube is one of my all-time favorite mascaras. As mentioned above, I’m pretty picky when it comes to mascaras. However, the incredibly unique brush for this formula is what I really love about it. The small, rubber spikes on the mascara wand fully coat every single lash with a volume-boosting formula. It’s also pretty buildable, so you can sport a casual or dramatic look with it. This is truly one of the best drugstore mascaras at an amazing price point.
Best Drugstore Makeup – Other Products
16. Rimmel Stay Matte Pressed Powder ($4.99) – When I read about the best drugstore makeup options online, this product kept popping up. I was pleased to see that something I’ve been using for years is so popular! This matte powder is perfect for use with BB cream, foundation, and more. It keeps my skin completely shine-free all day long. You only need a light dusting of it for total coverage, so one single container lasts for several months!
17. NYX Matte Finish Setting Spray ($7.99) – The matte trend is very in right now, but you may not feel like changing your entire face makeup routine. If that’s the case, I suggest picking up a bottle of NYX’s Matte Finish setting spray. No matter what foundation or BB cream I wear, I lightly spray this setting spray on my face. It quickly sets my makeup without causing a single streak or smudge. For the ultimate drugstore setting spray, this inexpensive product is the way to go.
18. CoverGirl TruBlend Blush ($9.99) – The baked eyeshadow and baked blush trend is something I personally didn’t find appealing at first. That was until I gave CoverGirl’s TruBlend blush a shot. I tried Light Rose, as I wasn’t sure about having a dark, shiny pink color on my cheeks. This shade is perfect for me, and it blew my misconceptions about baked blush out of the water. It only has the smallest hint of shine to it, so it looks incredibly natural. It blends perfectly onto bare skin or foundation-covered skin, too.
19. ELF Makeup Mist and Set Spray ($3.00) – This was the first setting spray I ever used, and I still keep a bottle of it on hand. This formula is very gentle and has soothing ingredients like Vitamin E, Aloe, and Green Tea. It smells wonderful, does the job, and it’s affordable it’s an amazing drugstore setting spray for a mere three dollars. If you want your foundation and color to last throughout the day but don’t need a matte finish, this formula is a great choice.
20. Maybelline Baby Skin Instant Pore Eraser ($6.99) – This ultra-smooth skin primer is perfect if you have oily skin and blackheads. Just a smidge of this drugstore primer perfectly covers my nose, chin, and cheeks. It is lightweight and does not leave a thick or heavy feeling on my skin. Many makeup mavens consider Baby Skin a dupe for Benefit’s Porefessional Primer; this is a drugstore primer that costs about $30.00. I certainly agree with this – it’s a department store quality product for 1/5th of the price.
Best Drugstore Makeup & Cosmetics Conclusion
From your eyes to your lips, this list of all the best drugstore products covers it all. With the most expensive item being less than $15, you can splurge on these cosmetics without overspending. I’d love some feedback from you ladies. Do you like or use these products? Do you have some recommendations for the best drugstore makeup? Feel free to comment and let me know what you think!
Check out our other sections and my social profiles :)!
Latest posts by Amy Baum (see all)
- e.l.f. Cosmetics Mad For Matte Holy Smokes Palette Review - August 23, 2017
- Best Sunglasses Under $50: 10 Cheap Glasses For Women - August 4, 2017
- 7 Ways To Do Your Nails: DIY & Professional Manicures - July 25, 2017